Everything requires maintenance and care, whether it is a human being or an electronic device because each and every phenomenon on this planet goes through some form of wear and tear.
It is the simple concept of life and the same principle applies to laptops too because, after a while of usage, they may result in a sudden malfunction due to a wide variety of reasons.
This is why opening these laptops or any other devices might be a necessary step to be taken to ensure the issue is fixed as soon as possible, to bring it back to its optimal state.
So whatever the reason may be, here in this article I will demonstrate to you how to open a HP laptop, keeping in mind that following every step carefully should be your topmost priority.
Because otherwise, I cannot take any responsibility if you aren’t careful enough, moreover keep in mind opening your laptop may or may not void your warranty, please, be wary beforehand.
Now that you are well aware of all the cautions and caveats, let’s take a look at things you might need in order to dissect the parts of your laptop.
Things That Might Come In Handy
- Phillips screwdriver
- Steady hands
- A laptop( Duh!)
- Anti-static workbench
How To Open A Hp Laptop? Step by Step Guide
Although it might seem like opening your laptop can be done in any way, let me tell you that this mindset is quite the opposite of what you think.
A laptop must only be opened in the right order which I will demonstrate below and if you don’t follow the right way, you might harm the internal parts which are quite sensitive if not handled properly.
Here are the steps mentioned below.
- The first and foremost thing you need to do is plug in any charging or cords connected to your laptop because you don’t want any electrical interference while you work.
- Now, in order to completely shut the power source, turn off your laptop and remove the battery below your laptop, so that you can easily open your laptop.
- You might see some sort of clamps holding the battery, make sure you are gentle otherwise you might break the latches of your battery back panel.
- Now carefully turn the laptop upside down and use the screwdriver and gently unscrew all the screws that would be clustered all the backside of your laptop.
- You may also need to pay plenty of attention to this part because most of the time the manufacturer has also placed screws which are usually hidden by the stickers, make sure you unscrew those too.
- Once you are done with the whole fiasco, remove the back panel carefully, which will then uncover the crucial parts of your laptop such as the Hard drive, memory, and motherboard.
- Disconnect the hard drive from its cable which is holding it in its place and carefully remove it, if, by any chance your HP laptop also has an optical drive, you might need to remove that too because it will be obstructing the motherboard.
- If your laptop has a dedicated graphics card or NVME slot, then make sure to remove them too from their assigned cable connection before proceeding to the next step.
- After everything is removed, you might notice some screws which are holding your keyboard and speakers in their place, unscrew them to completely remove the keyboard too.
- Now take off the motherboard as carefully as you can and make sure you don’t rip off any crucial parts such as fans or power connection cable that leads to the battery region.
- Make sure you also disconnect the ribbons that are connected to the LCD/ LED of your laptop, which is placed directly under your motherboard.
- Do not in any circumstance, touch, remove, or press any cables that are lying beneath the keyboard region because they are incredibly sensitive to use.
Word Of Advice
Always do your technical repairs by an individual that has ample knowledge about computers, not adhering to caution provided by your laptop manufacturer or the ones mentioned above might result in health and safety hazards to you and your device.
Moreover, always make sure you use the right equipment and wear an anti-static wrist to prevent any sort of electrical interference.
How do you open your HP laptop?
Once your HP laptop has been turned off, locate the screws available at the back and gently unscrew them. Simply take off the latch and you’ll be able to open your laptop.
What to do if an HP laptop is not starting?
Make sure no external peripherals are connected such as USB, SD card or mouse, etc. You can also check if the battery is fixated into its slot or if the power adapter has been connected firmly. If nothing helps, try holding the power button for at least 5 seconds and listen for any beeps so you can diagnose accordingly.
So for whatever reason, if you want to open your laptop whether it is for repair, cleaning, or simply recreational purposes, this article will guide you on how to open a HP laptop so you don’t end up making a mess all by yourself.
For better guidance, it is best advised to bookmark this article in your browser so you don’t have to search for it every time you need guidance. Feel free to comment below if you need any assistance, I would be happy to help!